Alexander Pedals Sky 5000 Delay/Reverb Pedal
Midwood Guitar Studio is now a proud dealer of Alexander Pedals!
The Sky 5000 bathes your signal in an excess of echoes, a deluge of delay, and a surfeit of shimmer. All of the ambience you desire is a footstep away.
Building a great delay pedal was foremost in our minds when we designed the original Sky Fi. Development began with a crystal-clear digital delay engine combined with a tone filter to allow tailoring of the response to your liking. We then added a reverb engine that draws inspiration from certain digital rack units of the '80s and '90s. These units were designed to be as affordable as possible, and had some unique hardware quirks that caused their reverb effects to build in intensity over time. This "slow-building" artifact is one of the things that made these units so special.
When it came time to adapt the Sky Fi to the Neo Series platform we decided to keep the essential simplicity of the original. Inside the Sky 5000 you’ll find the same great tones from the Sky Fi, with a few tweaks to improve the performance and audio quality. Tap tempo, a simplified Repeat control, and more selectable delay tone options await. We hope you love this pedal as much as we do.
The Sky 5000 features dual Reverb and Delay engines, routed internally in a parallel configuration. This allows you to combine the two effects without having the reverb wash out the delay, or the delay muddy up the reverb.
Each engine has three separate settings, and you can combine them in any way you like. If you want to use only the reverb or only the delay, you can set their levels to zero using the pedal knobs.
- RVB: Slow-building ‘90s style reverb effect. Capable of huge washes or subtle ambience, you decide.
- +1 Classic “shimmering” upper octave effect. We add in the octave both before and after the reverb for maximum effect.
- -1 Adds an octave down to the reverb effect. We think it sounds like a cello playing along with you.
- DIG: Bright and present digital delay, taken from our original Radical Delay pedal. Use this when you need to cut like a knife.
- BBD: Darker analog sounding delay effect. Rich and creamy, pairs nicely with the +1 engine for maximum unforgettable fire.
- OIL: Dark sounding delay, murky and a little distorted. Based on our fave vintage electrostatic “oil can” delay unit.
- Pedal Type: