Collings 001 14-Fret - Natural #3202
*We do all our own photography. The guitar pictured is the exact one you will receive!
Here we have a gorgeous Collings 001 14-Fret and it DOES NOT disappoint! Thing thing has volume, clarity, a surprising amount of bottom end and never sounds boxy. The woodiness and dry tonality of the mahogany is retained on even the most complex chords showing off this guitar's incredible string separation. This is a very well rounded and versatile body style with what we consider to be the perfect wood compliments. Light picking and fingerstyle players will love the quick attack and immediate response of the soundboard but grab a pick and dig in and you'll be blown away. We don't like to throw the word perfect around often but this 001 is a close as we've witnessed in quite some time - As we know, Collings build quality is second to none. Feel free to reach out if you have any questions about this beauty. We would LOVE to talk about it!
Serial # - 33202
As our newest acoustic body size, the 00 14-Fret Series finds the sweet spot between a small-bodied and mid-sized instrument while bringing to the table a distinctive voice and character all its own. Upon picking up the guitar, it doesn't take more than a few strums to reveal a pleasing midrange resonance that distinguishes this size from other offerings. This fullness of tone is complemented by dry and articulate attack, with more low-end definition than you’d typically expect to find in an instrument of this size. The shorter 24 7/8” scale length combined with a relatively broad waist allows for a more delicate top-voicing, producing an openness that’s equally suited for accentuating subtle nuances as it is for digging in on single-note runs. All in all, the 00 14-fret is a highly versatile instrument that excels at a variety of playing styles from fingerstyle to strumming and anything in between.
- Top: Sitka spruce
- Back & Sides: Honduran mahogany
- Neck: Honduran mahogany
- Body Binding: Tortoise with b/w/b/w top purfling
- Fingerboard Binding: None
- Peghead Binding: None
- Bridge: Ebony belly-style with 2 3/16" spacing
- Fingerboard: Ebony with MOP short dots
- Fingerboard Radius: 14" - 26" compound
- Bridge Pins/End Pin: Ebony with MOP dot
- Nut: Bone, 1 11/16"
- Saddle: Bone, drop-in
- Neck Profile: Modified V
- Peghead Profile: Square
- Neck Joint: Mortise & tenon hybrid
- Truss Rod: Fully adjustable
- Frets: Medium 18% nickel-silver
- Peghead Veneer: Ebony with MOP Collings logo
- Tuners: Nickel Waverly
- Backstrip: 1-style (Walnut)
- Rosette: b/w Purfling
- Scale Length: 24 7/8"
- Brace Material: Sitka spruce
- Brace Pattern: Pre-war scalloped X-brace
- Body Finish: High gloss nitrocellulose lacquer
- Neck Finish: High gloss polyester resin
- Pickguard: Tortoise
- Strings: D'Addario EJ-16 (.012"- .053")
- Case: Deluxe hardshell case by TKL
- Body Length: 18 7/8”
- Body Depth: 4”
- Lower Bout Width: 14 1/2”
- Total Length: 39”