Collings 290 - TV Yellow
Here we have an absolutely incredible Collings 290. Everything we get from Collings is great, but this one has something special. It just screams rock n 'roll, but can also handle a wide variety of genres and playing styles. The Lollar pickups sound great, and are hum-cancelling in the middle position. We can't get a bad tone out of them. The guitar itself is super lively and resonate and feels like a dream in your hands. Its set up beautifully from the factory, as Collings' attention to detail is second to none. Also, who doesn't love TV Yellow? This is a very classy instrument and is perfect for the collector or serious player alike. Please let us know if you have any questions - these never stick around long!
Weight - 8lbs 0oz
Serial # - 2902011684
Named for the scenic 290 highway that winds past the Collings shop though the Texas Hill Country, the 290 is a modern day tribute to the original working man's rock'n roll guitar. A solid mahogany body and neck are complimented by two Lollar Soap Bar P90 pickups for a tone that shows off the amazing harmonic range and dynamics of this often underrated configuration.
- Construction: Solid body single cutaway
- Body: Honduran mahogany
- Neck: Honduran mahogany
- Body Finish: TV Yellow
- Bridge: Kluson ABR-1 (Nickel-plated Zinc)
- Tailpiece: Kluson Stop Tailpiece (nickel-plated zinc, steel studs)
- Fingerboard: Rosewood w/ ivoroid long dots (5mm non-tapered)
- Pickups: Lollar P90s
- Pots/Caps: DiMarzio 500K / Jupiter Vintage Yellow
- Knobs: Black top hat
- Nut: 1 11/16"
- Scale Length: 24 7/8"
- Neck Joint: Extra long mortise & tenon
- Frets: Medium 18% nickel-silver
- Peghead Veneer: Ebony w/ MOP Collings logo
- Peghead Profile: Haircut
- Tuners: Nickel Gotoh w/ Collings logo
- Wiring: 50s style
- Fingerboard: Radius 12"
- Guitar Finish: High gloss nitrocellulose lacquer
- Pickguard: Black/Cream/Black
- Truss Rod Cover: Black/Cream/Black with 290 logo
- Strings: D'Addario NYXL1149 (.011" - .049")
- Case: Deluxe hardshell case by Ameritage