This City Limits in Tobacco Burst is a prime example of the incredible craftsmanship and quality that Collings holds themselves to. These guitars are made from the finest Mahogany and Maple you can get, and it is evident in the sound and feel. The top on this one is stunning, and you just can't go wrong with Tobacco Sunburst! Inspired by other classic single cut guitars, the City Limits take everything you know and love from those instruments and adds it own amazing characteristics and vibe. This one comes with Lollar Imperials, which give off an airy top-end and balanced midrange. Some of our favorite PAF-style pickups! Everything we get from Collings blows us away as the setups, build, and finish work are perfect. If you have any questions, please feel free to reach out - we'd love to talk with you about this guitar!
Serial # - CL191249
Weight - 8lbs 3oz
- Construction: Solid body
- Body: Honduran mahogany
- Top: Premium flamed maple
- Neck: Honduran mahogany
- Body: Binding Non-grained ivoroid
- Fingerboard Binding: Non-grained ivoroid
- Bridge: Kluson ABR-1(nickel-plated zinc w/ retaining wire)
- Tailpiece: Kluson Stop Tailpiece (nickel-plated zinc, steel studs)
- Fingerboard: Rosewood w/ MOP long dots (5mm non-tapered)
- Pickups: Lollar Std Wind Imperial Humbuckers
- Pots/Caps: DiMarzio 500K / Jupiter Vintage Yellow
- Knobs: Amber top hat
- Pickup Rings: Cream
- Nut: 1 11/16"
- Scale Length: 24 7/8"
- Neck Joint: Extra long mortise & tenon
- Frets: Medium 18% nickel-silver
- Peghead Veneer: Ebony w/ MOP Collings logo
- Peghead Profile: Haircut
- Tuners: Nickel Gotoh w/ Collings logo
- Wiring: 50s style
- Fingerboard Radius: 12"
- Guitar Finish: High gloss nitrocellulose lacquer
- Pickguard: Cream (bracketed)
- Truss Rod Cover: Black/Cream/Black
- Strings: D'Addario NYXL1149 (.011" - .049")
- Case: Deluxe hardshell case by Ameritage