Collings D1 - Baked Sitka Spruce/Mahogany - 1 3/4" Nut
This stunning D1 is a perfect example of why Collings has become a driving force in the world of acoustic guitars. With an understated, D-18 inspired aesthetic, it looks as warm and familiar as it sounds. Once you get behind it, however, you’ll discover that every modern comfort and innovation since the dawn of the flat-top has been considered and accounted for.
It‘s smooth, modified-V neck profile, 1 3/4" nut, and compound fingerboard radius make everything from fingerstyle to barre chords a breeze. The earthy mahogany blends beautifully with the Torrified Sitka, issuing chords that sound simultaneously expansive and intimate. It’s a strummer’s dream. It’s like being handed a guitar right out of the latest reissue of an old country record. Please let us know if you have any questions!
Serial # - 31915
The square-shouldered 14-fret dreadnought is the most popular steel-string acoustic guitar body shape in the world. While Collings is certainly not the only company to build them, we bring a new tonal clarity to the depth and warmth usually associated with such a large, deep-bodied guitar. Although its bass response makes the dreadnought ideal for vocal accompaniment, Collings versions are also often employed by bluegrass flatpickers who must compete with inherently louder instruments such as banjos and fiddles. The wide range of woods and neck sizes offered allow dreadnought fans to find a Collings model ideally suited to their playing style and tonal preference.
- Top: Torrified Sitka spruce
- Back & Sides: Honduran mahogany
- Neck: Honduran mahogany
- Body: Binding Tortoise with b/w/b/w top purfling
- Bridge: Ebony belly-style with 2 3/16" spacing
- Fingerboard: Ebony with MOP long dots
- Bridge Pins/End Pin: Ebony with MOP dot
- Nut: Bone, 1 3/4"
- Saddle: Bone, drop-in
- Neck: Profile Modified V
- Peghead Profile: Tapered square
- Neck Joint: Mortise & tenon hybrid
- Truss Rod: Fully adjustable
- Frets: Medium 18% nickel-silver
- Peghead Veneer: Ebony with MOP Collings logo
- Tuners: Nickel Waverly (16:1 ratio)
- Backstrip: 1-style (Walnut)
- Rosette: b/w Purfling
- Scale Length: 25 1/2"
- Brace Material: Sitka spruce
- Brace Pattern: Pre-war scalloped X-brace
- Fingerboard Radius: 14" - 26" compound
- Body Finish: High gloss nitrocellulose lacquer
- Neck Finish: High gloss polyester resin
- Pickguard: Tortoise
- Strings: D'Addario EJ-17 (.013"- .056")
- Case: Deluxe hardshell case by TKL