Collings D1 T - Natural #8029 - 2020
*Consignment, no trades please!
When modern engineering and vintage design combine, the guitar player wins. This D1 T is simply breathtaking. It projects strong, warm fundamental frequencies with beveled highs, and stunning, yet subtle overtones. The sanded nitro finish makes it feel alive when strummed. The playability is effortless, as if it had already been broken in. Aesthetically, it’s uncanny. All the details conspire to make its age nearly impossible to guess. The tuners are especially deceiving, but when you crank them, they turn smooth as churned butter. This mahogany dreadnought has quickly become a staff favorite, but we don’t expect it to last long. We consider it an honor to help it find a new home. Give us a call today about this wonderful Collings D1 Traditional!
Condition: Excellent. Light swirling in the finish from use. No large dings or scratches that we can find. Little to no fret wear.
Serial # - 28029
Our Traditional Series or "T-Series” guitars represent an exciting vintage-inspired tonal variation on the distinctive Collings sound, designed and crafted to showcase the most desirable characteristics present in coveted pre-war instruments. Bracing and tone woods are adjusted for weight and thickness to create a voicing characterized by warm, rounded highs and a present low midrange, while retaining a quick attack and strong projection.
- Top: Sitka spruce
- Back & Sides: Honduran mahogany
- Construction: Traditional Series Build and Voicing
- Neck: Honduran mahogany
- Body Binding: Tortoise with custom wood purflings
- Fingerboard Binding: None
- Peghead Binding: None
- Bridge: Ebony belly-style with 2 5/16" spacing
- Fingerboard Ebony: with gold MOP long dots
- Fingerboard Radius: 14" - 26" compound
- Bridge Pins/End Pin: Tortoise-style
- Nut: Bone, 1 3/4"
- Saddle: Bone, cutthrough
- Neck Profile: Traditional
- Peghead: Profile Square
- Neck Joint: Mortise & tenon hybrid
- Truss Rod: Fully adjustable
- Frets: Medium 18% nickel-silver
- Peghead Veneer: Ebony with gold MOP Collings Logo
- Tuners: Nickel Waverly (16:1 ratio)
- Backstrip: 1-style (Walnut)
- Rosette: Custom wood rosette
- Scale Length: 25 1/2"
- Brace Material: Sitka spruce
- Brace Pattern: Custom Traditional Series pre-war scalloped X-brace (no tongue brace)
- Body Finish: High gloss ultra-thin nitrocellulose lacquer
- Neck Finish: High gloss ultra-thin nitrocellulose lacquer
- Pickguard: Tortoise
- Strings D'Addario: EJ-17 (.013"- .056")
- Case: Deluxe hardshell case by TKL