Collings I-30 LC - Jet Black
As the fully-hollow, P-90-equipped brother to the I-35, the I-30 had a lot of expectations to live up to. Let us be the first to say how incredible these guitars are, and they've exceeded all of our expectations! Being fully hollow makes this guitar extremely resonant and light weight. You feel every not you put into it. It's a truly captivating instrument! Collings' attention to detail is out of this world - it's hard to find a more meticulously crafted and designed guitar. The Lollar Dog Ear P90's are a perfect fit tonally, as they provide plenty of bite but can be warm and mellow when they need to be. This one in particular is finish in Jet black - it really doesn't get more classy! It's a great weight at 5lbs 8oz, and resonates and blooms beautifully. Collings currently has a 16-18 month build time on electric guitars - skip the wait! Please let us know if you have any questions, this one won't last long!
Serial # - I30LC20361
Weight - 5lbs 8oz
- Construction: Fully hollow w/ parallel trestle braces
- Body: Maple laminate
- Top: Maple laminate
- Neck: Honduran mahogany
- Body Binding: Non-grained ivoroid
- Fingerboard Binding: Non-grained ivoroid
- Finish: Jet Black
- Pickguard: Black 3-ply
- Fingerboard: Rosewood w/ MOP long dots (5mm non-tapered)
- Soundhole: F-holes (unbound)
- Truss rod cover: Black 3-ply
- Knobs: Black
- Bridge: Kluson ABR-1(nickel-plated zinc w/ retaining wire)
- Tailpiece: Collings original trapeze tailpiece
- Pickups: Lollar Dogear P90
- Pots/Caps: DiMarzio 500K / Jupiter Vintage Yellow
- Hardware: Aged
- Nut: 1 11/16"
- Scale Length: 24 7/8"
- Neck Joint: Extra long mortise & tenon
- Frets: Medium 18% nickel-silver
- Peghead Veneer: Ebony w/ MOP Collings logo
- Peghead Profile: Haircut
- Tuners: Nickel Gotoh w/ Collings logo
- Wiring: 50s style
- Fingerboard Radius: 12"'
- Guitar Finish: High gloss nitrocellulose lacquer
- Case: Deluxe Hardshell by Ameritage