This sweetly balanced A-Style mandolin will have you picking jigs and searing solos into the wee hours. It’s been voiced with exceptional care and precision. Every note is clear and defined with a well-rounded top-end. This is the kind of mandolin that can hold a stage on its own. The dark sunburst loves to be in the spotlight, and the gloss top lends it a glorious sheen. The neck is fast and responsive. The way the maple flame peaks through on the back and neck is a work of art. Say hello to your new trusted musical companion. This one in particular has an Englemann Spruce top, and it really sings. Please let us know if you have any questions!
Serial Number: #A3991
- Construction: A Style
- Top: Englemann Spruce (Gloss)
- Back/Sides/Neck: Eastern flamed maple
- Soundhole: F-holes
- Body Binding: Ivoroid (Top)
- Bracing: Tone Bars
- Bridge: Ebony w/ Adjustable Saddle
- Fingerboard: Ebony w/ MOP dots
- Nut: 1 1/8"
- String Spacing: 1 9/16"
- Neck Profile: Rounded V
- Neck Joint: Dovetail
- Frets: Medium 18% nickel-silver
- Truss Rod: Fully Adjustable
- Peghead Veneer: Ebony w/ MOP Collings logo
- Tuners: Nickel Gotoh w/ black buttons
- Scale Length: 13 7/8"
- Fingerboard Radius: 5 1/2" - 11 5/8" compound
- Body Finish: Satin nitrocellulose lacquer
- Tailpiece: Collings original tailpiece
- Strings: D'Addario EJ74 (.011" - .040")
- Case: Deluxe hardshell case by TKL