One of the most versatile guitars ever created: The Jazzmaster. This was the 3rd guitar released in Fender's original trio, succeeding the Stratocaster and Telecaster. This is the first in the Fender American Original '60s series that we have received, and I must say: I am impressed. Fender went back to their roots on this one and kept all of the true vintage specs that made these guitars special, and added some modern upgrades to keep it relevant for today and as easy to play and use as possible.
Starting with the neck, they used the original thick "60s C" shape. This neck shape is remarkably comfortable and fills your hand perfectly. Not to mention, the fretboard binding always reminds your hands and eyes that you're playing a guitar of pure class and character. Next, they decided on a 9.5" fretboard radius instead of the vintage-style 7.25" - this is one of those modern upgrades I was talking about. Fender understands that while certain characteristics of the vintage guitars are non-negotiable, there are some things that just make more sense now. However, they kept the vintage tall frets on it to make it extremely easy to bend notes without any fear of fretting out.
For electronics they used Pure Vintage '65 Single-Coil Jazzmaster pickups that were specifically created to deliver that classic Fender sound. Plenty of sparkle and chime, but not lacking in the balls department. While also retaining the original rhythm circuit, this guitar does it all. Say it with me: VER-SA-TILE!
For the body they chose a lightweight piece of Alder, and finished it with the classic Nitrocellulose Lacquer in a beautiful Ocean Turquoise. The entire guitar weighs in just over 8 lbs. Finally, it is topped with a 4-ply Tortoise guard.
- Body Material: Alder
- Body Finish: Gloss Nitrocellulose Lacquer
- Body Shape: Jazzmaster®
- Neck Material: Maple
- Neck Binding: 1-Ply White
- Neck Finish: Gloss Nitrocellulose Lacquer
- Neck Shape: Mid '60s "C"
- Scale Length: 25.5"
- Fingerboard Material: Round-Laminated Rosewood
- Fingerboard Radius: 9.5"
- Number of Frets: 21
- Fret Size: Vintage Tall
- Nut Material: Bone
- Nut Width: 1.650"
- Position Inlays: Pearloid Dots
- Truss Rod: Vintage-Style Heel Adjust
- Truss Rod Nut: Vintage-Style Slotted
- Bridge Pickup: Pure Vintage '65 Single-Coil Jazzmaster®
- Neck Pickup: Pure Vintage '65 Single-Coil Jazzmaster®
- Bridge: Vintage-Style Floating Tremolo with Tremolo Lock Button and Push-In Tremolo Arm
- Hardware Finish: Nickel/Chrome
- Tuning Machines: Pure Vintage Single Line "Fender Deluxe"
- Pickguard: 4-Ply Tortoiseshell
- Control Knobs: Aged White "Witch Hat"
- Switch Tip: Aged White
- Neck Plate: 4-Bolt
- Case: Vintage-Style Deluxe Brown Hardshell