Fender American Vintage II 1975 Telecaster Deluxe - 3-Color Sunburst
*We do all our own photography. The guitar pictured is the exact one you will receive!
Weight - 7lbs 13oz
Serial # - V12808
The Fender® American Vintage II series presents a remarkably accurate take on the revolutionary designs that altered the course of musical history. Built with period-accurate bodies, necks and hardware, premium finishes and meticulously voiced, year-specific pickups, each instrument captures the essence of authentic Fender craftsmanship and tone.
Initially introduced in 1972 and billed as the top model in the Telecaster® family, The Telecaster Deluxe holds the distinction of being Fender’s first solid-body Telecaster with two humbucking pickups. Like the original, the American Vintage II 1975 Telecaster Deluxe sports a large Stratocaster®-style headstock, comfort-contoured belly cut, and pair of Wide Range humbucking pickups mounted to an elongated pickguard with dual volume and tone controls and a 3-way toggle located on the upper bout. To create authentic Wide-Range humbucking pickups, we resurrected CuNiFe magnets, which had been out of production since 1981, an essential element in recreating the sonics of the original.
Featuring a ‘75 “C”-shape hard rock maple neck, the American Vintage II 1975 Telecaster Deluxe plays like a dream with a 9.5” radius maple fingerboard and medium jumbo frets. Characteristic of production in 1975, this Telecaster is outfitted with a convenient "Bullet" style truss rod nut, three-bolt neck plate with Micro-Tilt™ mechanism and offered in Black, Mocha Brown, or 3-Color Sunburst over an alder body. Other features include a 6-Saddle hardtail bridge with stainless steel block saddles and vintage-accurate Tele® Deluxe tuners.
The instruments in the American Vintage II series are direct descendants of the original Fenders: designed for players with a fine appreciation for vintage Fender tone and feel and built with unmatched quality, down to the last screw. These are Fender electrics in their purest form: Fender American Vintage II, the stuff of legends.
- HEADSTOCK: Large '70s Style
- NECK MATERIAL: 1-Piece Maple
- NECK FINISH: Gloss Polyurethane
- NECK SHAPE: 1975 "C"
- NECK CONSTRUCTION: 3-Bolt
- FINGERBOARD RADIUS: 9.5" (241 mm)
- FINGERBOARD MATERIAL: Maple
- POSITION INLAYS: Black Dot
- SIDE DOTS: Black
- NUMBER OF FRETS: 21
- TRUSS ROD: Bullet Style
- TRUSS ROD NUT: Bullet Style
- STRING NUT: Bone
- NUT WIDTH: 1.650" (42 mm)
- NUT MATERIAL: Bone
- BODY: Alder
- BODY FINISH: Gloss Polyurethane
- BODY SHAPE: Telecaster®
- BODY MATERIAL: Alder
- BRIDGE: Pure Vintage 6-Saddle String-Through Body Hardtail with Stainless Steel Block Saddles
- BRIDGE COVER/TAILPIECE: Includes Chrome Bridge Cover
- BRIDGE MOUNTING: 3-Screw Vintage-Style Hard-Tail
- PICKGUARD: 3-Ply Black/White/Black
- PICKUP COVERS: Chrome
- CONTROL KNOBS: Skirted Black Plastic with Numbered Indicators
- SWITCH TIP: Aged White
- HARDWARE FINISH: Nickel/Chrome
- TUNING MACHINES: Pure Vintage Tele® Deluxe
- STRING TREES: Dual-Wing
- STRINGS: Fender® USA 250R Nickel Plated Steel (.010-.046 Gauges), PN 0730250406
- NECK PLATE: 3-Bolt “F” Stamped with Micro-Tilt™, Serialized
- STRAP BUTTONS: Vintage-Style
- BRIDGE PICKUP: Authentic CuNiFe Wide-Range Humbucking
- NECK PICKUP: Authentic CuNiFe Wide-Range Humbucking
- PICKUP CONFIGURATION: HH
- CONTROLS: Volume 1. (Neck Pickup), Volume 2. (Bridge Pickup), Tone 1. (Neck Pickup), Tone 2. (Bridge Pickup)
- SWITCHING: 3-Position Toggle: Position 1. Bridge Pickup, Position 2. Bridge and Neck Pickups, Position 3. Neck Pickup
- POTENTIOMETERS: 1 Meg