Fender AVII 1966 Jazzmaster - Lake Placid Blue #1226
Fresh out of the fender warehouse is another timeless piece from their American vintage series! Set to a 1966 Jazzmaster spec and a lovely Placid Blue finish to top it off. This guitar has no boundaries and will have you rocking and rolling in no time!
Serial # - V2321226
Weight - 8lbs 5oz
The Fender® American Vintage II series presents a remarkably accurate take on the revolutionary designs that altered the course of musical history. Built with period-accurate bodies, necks and hardware, premium finishes and meticulously voiced, year-specific pickups, each instrument captures the essence of authentic Fender craftsmanship and tone.
The Jazzmaster® was originally advertised as a guitar that contained "all the well-known Fender developments," where "every convenience is provided." Intended to provide a luxury playing experience and tempt jazz guitarists into playing solidbody electric guitars, this futuristic and comfort-contoured offset is about as far from a boxy archtop as can be imagined. Perhaps unsurprisingly, the guitar failed to catch on with the jazz crowd, but instead gained early acceptance with '60s surf, and later, indie-rock, alternative, and even country players.
- Body Material: Alder
- Body Finish: Nitrocellulose Lacquer
- Neck Material: Maple
- Neck Construction: 4-Bolt
- Neck Binding: 1-Ply White
- Neck Finish: Gloss Nitrocellulose Lacquer
- Neck Shape: 1966 "C"
- Scale Length: 25.5"
- Fingerboard Material: Bound Round-Laminated Rosewood
- Fingerboard Radius: 7.25"
- Number of Frets: 21
- Fret size: VintageTail
- Nut Material: Bone
- Nut With: 1.650" (42mm)
- Position Inlays: Pearloid Block
- Side Dots: Black
- Truss Rod: Vintage style Butt Adjust
- Bridge Pickup: Pure Vintage '66 Single Coil Jazzmaster
- Neck Pickup: Pure Vintage '66 Single Coil Jazzmaster
- Switching: 3-Position Toggle
- Bridge: Pure Vintage Jazzmaster with Threaded Steel Barrel Saddles
- Strings: Fender 250r Nickel Plated Steel (.10-.46)