Fender Limited Edition 70th Anniversary Esquire - White Blonde
Here we have an amazing 70th Anniversary Esquire from Fender! This is a limited edition offering and boy is it cool! It's finished in a very classic White Blonde finish and not only does it look amazing but it plays and sounds fantastic too. The U shaped neck is definitely one of Fender's bigger offerings, but it doesn't feel overly large in your hand and is actually quite comfortable. The Tim Shaw-designed pickup sounds great, and for only having one pickup this guitar is quite versatile. It's also light, snappy, and pretty resonate! Please let us know if you have any questions, it won't stick around long!
Weight - 7lbs 7oz
The very first solid-body electric guitar offered by Fender in 1950 was the Esquire. With an elegant single-cutaway silhouette, adjustable 3-saddle bridge and a lone, repurposed lap-steel pickup in the bridge position – the Esquire laid the groundwork for all solidbody electric guitars to follow and foreshadowed its more famous sibling, the Telecaster.
Like the earliest Esquire models, the 70th Anniversary Esquire features a pine body – a lightweight wood known for punchy and complex tone – and upgrades it with our roasting treatment, greatly improving the resonance of the body. Other features include a lacquer finish, thick “U”-shaped neck, Tim Shaw-designed Esquire bridge pickup – inspired by an original ’50 Esquire from Songbirds Museum in Chattanooga, TN - special anniversary neck plate and tweed case.
- Model Name: 70th Anniversary Esquire®, Maple Fingerboard, Lake Placid Blue
- Series: Limited Edition
- Country Of Origin: US
- Color: White Blonde
- Body: Roasted Pine
- Body Finish: Gloss Nitrocellulose Lacquer
- Body Shape: Telecaster®
- Neck Material: Maple
- Neck Finish: Gloss Nitrocellulose Lacquer
- Neck Shape: '50 Broadcaster® "U"
- Scale Length: 25.5" (648 mm)
- Fingerboard: Maple
- Fingerboard Radius: 7.25" (184.1 mm)
- Number of Frets: 21
- Frets Size: Vintage Tall
- String Nut: Bone
- Nut Width: 1.650" (42 mm)
- Position Inlays: Black Dot
- Bridge Pickup: Tim Shaw Designed Esquire Bridge Pickup
- Controls: Master Volume, Master Tone
- Pickup Switching: 3-Position Blade: Position 1. Bridge (Tone control off), Position 2. Bridge (Tone control on), Position 3. Bridge (Tone control off, preset treble roll-off)
- Pickup Configuration: S
- Bridge: 3-Saddle American Vintage Strings-Through-Body Tele® with Solid Barrel Steel Saddles
- Hardware Finish: Nickel/Chrome
- Tuning Machines: Vintage-Style
- Pickguard: 1-Ply Black
- Control Knobs: Knurled Dome