Jackson Audio The Optimist Cory Wong Signature Overdrive - Limited Warped Edition
Midwood Guitar Studio is a proud dealer of Jackson Audio Pedals!
The Limited Edition featuring Warp Graphics is an exclusive run of The Optimist that they only made 1000 units of. Each pedal is labeled as _ /1000 and features an authenticity card.
From Jackson Audio:
"The Optimist is the most versatile overdrive pedal I’ve ever used. Designed to give me a full range of drive levels for punchy rhythm to soaring lead. The Klon has been this mystical and hyped-up circuit for years, and for good reason! It’s an incredible circuit, and the way it pairs with the flat response overdrive is incredible. OD1 has the mid bump Klon circuit that we know and love. OD2 has a flat response overdrive that has an incredible range of drive. When the two of them pair together it creates an even more boosted drive that doesn’t squeal! The final piece of magic is the EQ. Brad Jackson has been trying to convince me about the power of an EQ pedal for a long time, and now I know why. We created an EQ section that focuses on the frequencies that you want more of in single coils, and less of in humbuckers. The EQ can help tone shape your guitars to match each other, or it can help you get the perfect clean tone out of an amp."
- OD1 of the OPTIMIST is based on the most expensive, hard-to-find, mythical overdrive ever created! For all of its hype, this magical pedal is still one of the most natural-sounding overdrives ever created and has cemented its reputation in the history of guitardom.
- We reproduced this circuit in perfect detail to provide the stock tone that people are looking for from this legendary pedal. We updated it with an active EQ (bypass-able) to take this classic circuit into uncharted territory!
- Just like the original circuit, OD1 features impossible to find (unless you know how to use eBay) germanium diodes that have been carefully washed in unicorn tears to deliver the best tone possible! Why? Because you deserve the best. You deserve diodes that have been washed in unicorn tears.
- OD2 of the OPTIMIST stands in stark contrast to the mid-focused tone of OD1. Designed to be perfectly flat across the full range of the guitar, OD2 is perfect for rhythm work and is a perfect harmonic enhancer for OD1 when you want to boost OD1 even further!
3 BAND EQUALIZER OVERVIEW
- The EQ circuit features a studio-grade EQ that gives tremendous tonal flexibility to The Optimist. Based on the legendary Baxandall EQ that is featured in countless studio EQ’s, The Optimist EQ takes this circuit and tailors it for guitarists! We spent tons of time on this EQ dialing it in so it would hit all the frequencies that guitarists need to adjust and then sweetened it by removing the ear fatiguing highs and lows that can appear at extreme settings.
- To activate the EQ, press and release both the OD1 and OD2 footswitches.
- The EQ is post OD's and can also be used as a standalone feature. The controls for the EQ light up to show that the EQ is activated.
EQUALIZER CIRCUIT FEATURES:
- Studio-grade EQ with High Bandwidth and Flat Response at 12:00
- +/- 12dB Boost/Cut per control
- Center Detents on the pots that make it easier to get back to a neutral or flat response.
- The Optimist features MIDI control over all functions! OD1, OD2 and EQ can all be controlled via MIDI for an unlimited selection of tones.
- We always want to make sure that our pedals are as easy to integrate into complex rigs as they are into simple rigs and MIDI makes that happen!
CABLE INFORMATION: In order to use MIDI, you will need a cable that converts a MIDI (DIN-5) connector to a TRS cable. This is the cable that we have used with great success and can't recommend it enough.
- Input Impedance: 1M
- Output Impedance: 100k Power Supply: DC
- Voltage Input: 9V MAX Polarity: Center Negative
- Min Current Required: 150mA
- Dimensions: 2.7” x 4.875′′
- Pedal Type: