Martin D-28 Standard Series - Natural
The golden rule is “give the people what they want”. Martin has wisely re-imagined the iconic D-28 to reflect the will of their adoring public. Basically, people wanted a more vintage-styled tone and look, but with a modern, accommodating feel. The result is astounding.
The braces remain un-scalloped, but have been forward-shift to increase projection. The tone is very lively and balanced; rich bass and sweet highs with plenty of definition in the mid-range. The 1 ¾” nut makes it easier to make the most out of this exquisite note separation, and the full, but tapered neck profile fills and guides the hand beautifully.
Aesthetically, the aged toner on the top and clean, antique white accents combine to create and instrument that looks both old and new. That’s basically how it sounds, too. Everything moves in cycles, but sometimes we find worthwhile improvements along to the way. This is the new classic.
The D-28 is the Dreadnought by which all others are judged. Constructed of solid East Indian rosewood back and sides, Sitka spruce top and mahogany neck, this instrument has been a favorite of artists from Hank Williams Sr. to Jimmy Page. Massive bass response balanced with articulate highs makes this a benchmark acoustic guitar and a must-have for every guitarist. Perfect for the intermediate and advanced player.
Serial # - 2345085
Sometimes innovation is in the details and this is certainly true with Martin’s re-imagined D-28. After nearly a century at the helm, and as the quintessential workhorse of music legends like Hank Williams, The Beatles, Johnny Cash, Neil Young, Bob Dylan, and so many more, Martin's legendary D-28 has been lovingly and artfully enhanced. “The post WWII D-28 had a slightly different look than its predecessor and became the centerpiece of the folk and folk rock movements at their pinnacle in the 1950s and 1960s." says Chris Martin, Chairman and CEO of Martin Guitar, "We have extracted the finest features from the D-28 of both my grandfather’s and my father’s respective eras.” The all new D-28 blends the rich history of the guitar with Martin’s newest and most heralded innovations. The 184 year old guitar maker has combined vintage appointments, including open gear tuners, an aged toner top, antique white accents, and a faux tortoise pickguard with a new neck profile to give D-28 enthusiasts a modern feel and comfortable playing experience. Martin has also added forward-shifted bracing to allow greater vibration of the top. The legend just got better!
- Top Color: Aging Toner
- Bridge Style: Modern Belly - Drop in Saddle
- Binding: Antique White
- Bridge String Spacing: 2 5/32"
- Top Inlay Material: Multi-Stripe
- Bridge Material: Ebony
- Bridge Pin Material: White Plastic
- Pickgaurd: Faux Tortoise
- Bridge Pin Dots : Faux Tortoise
- Saddle Material: Compensated Bone
- Rosette: Multi-Stripe
- Saddle Radius: 16"
- Brace Material: Sitka Spruce
- Brace Size: 5/16"
- Back Purfling/Stripe: Style 28
- Back Inlay Material : Multi-Stripe
- Heelcap: Antique White
- Endpiece: Antique White
- Endpiece Inlay: Multi-Stripe
- Neck Material: Select Hardwood
- Fingerboard Material: Ebony
- Neck Finish: Satin
- Fingerboard Width at 12th Fret: 2 1/8''
- Neck Color: Dark Mahogany
- Fingerboard Inlay Style: Style 28
- Number of Frets: 20
- Fingerboard Inlay Material: Mother-of-Pearl
- Neck Joins Body At: 14th Fret
- Side Dots: White
- Headstock Shape: Solid with Square Taper and Diamond
- Tuning Machines: Nickel Open Gear
- Headplate Material: East Indian Rosewood
- Knob: Butterbean
- Headplate Logo Style: Script Old Style Overlay
- Nut Material: Bone
- Case: Molded Hardshell