PRS Custom 24 10-Top - Charcoal
Here we have a stunning Custom 24 10-Top in Charcoal from PRS! The top on this one is jaw-dropping and it stands out even more due to the natural back and sides. This is definitely one of the best looking guitars we've had at our shop, but it doesn't stop there - it plays and sounds great too! The 85/15 pickups are pretty versatile and can cover a lot of ground. Right from the factory it's set up beautifully and plays very easy with low action. Core guitars from PRS have quite a backlog at the moment so don't miss out on this one! Please let us know if you have any questions!
Weight - 7lbs 15oz
Serial # - 21 0312270
The Custom 24 is the quintessential PRS guitar. This iconic instrument was the first model that Paul Reed Smith brought to the public at PRS Guitars’ first Winter NAMM show in 1985 and has been a top seller ever since. Played by internationally touring artists, gigging musicians, and aspiring players, the Custom 24 features PRS’s patented Gen III tremolo system and PRS 85/15 pickups with volume and tone controls and a 5-way blade switch. 85/15 pickups were personally designed by Paul Reed Smith to offer remarkable clarity and extended high and low end.
The Custom 24 is the original PRS. Since its introduction, it has offered a unique tonal option for serious players and defined PRS tone and playability.
Pickup Switching Positions:
- Position One: Bridge humbucker
- Position Two: Bridge humbucker with neck singlecoil, in parallel
- Position Three: Bridge and neck humbuckers
- Position Four: Neck singlecoil with bridge singlecoil, in parallel
- Position Five: Neck humbucker
- Top Wood: Carved Figured Maple
- Back Wood: Mahogany
- Finish: Nitro over Cellulose (CAB)
- Number of Frets: 24
- Scale Length: 25"
- Neck Wood: Mahogany
- Neck Shape: Pattern Thin
- Neck Depth At The Nut: 26/32"
- Width of Fretboard at the Body: 2 1/4"
- Width of Fretboard at the Nut: 26/32"
- Fretboard Wood: Rosewood
- Fretboard Inlay: Birds
- Bridge: PRS Patented Tremolo, Gen III
- Tuners: PRS Phase III Locking
- Hardware Type: Nickel
- Treble Pickup: 85/15
- Bass Pickup: 85/15
- Controls: Volume and Tone Control with 5-Way Blade Switch
- Strings: 10's
- Upgrades: 10-Top Grade Maple Top with Hybrid Hardware