PRS HX 100 100w Tube Head & 4x12 Cabinet - Pre-Order
*This is a pre-order listing. We are expecting this head and cabinet in late August. Reserve it today!
The PRS HX 100 captures the flexibility, power, and balance of late 60’s British-inspired tone. A continuation of PRS’s popular HXDA amplifiers, PRS HX amps feature a refined control layout and a newly-documented “Authentic Hendrix” Touring Circuit. This circuit is heavily inspired by one of Hendrix’s personal amps, purportedly used at Woodstock, which Paul Reed Smith and PRS Amp Designer Doug Sewell were able to study in 2018.
Designed to push the high-end so it is very clear, but not so much that it’s harsh, the PRS HX shines without glaring and allows for aggression that can be backed off for smooth, sweet tones. The PRS HX 100 is driven by four EL34EH power tubes, the best pre-amp tubes available, and a custom-designed Straight Edge output transformer. The power supply and filament design make the HX 100 remarkably quiet with little to no amp “hum or hiss.”
The PRS HX 100 features a 3-band TMB tone stack, 3-way bright switch, high-mid gain switch, and presence controls. These features mirror the historic amp and give players flexibility and increased control of their tone. The PRS HX 100 is also designed with internally bridged channels with individual volume controls. This eliminates the need for a jumper cable (historically used on the outside of the amp) and allows players to more easily dial in their distortion level and tone by blending the lead and bass channels’ individual volume controls, bringing more modern convenience to the amp.
Made in PRS Guitars Stevensville, Maryland, USA factory, PRS HX 100
amps are an exhaustive recreation of tone, a celebration of history, and a monument to modern technology. PRS has also designed matching 2x12 and 4x12 cabinets for the HX Amp family. Loaded with modified Celestion G12H-75 Creamback speakers, these cabinets push and punch to complete the package.
“Designing the PRS HX was not an exercise in over-engineering – it’s a fairly straightforward build with the right parts and circuit. We kept historic specs where it made sense, and we made substitutions based on availability, safety, and experience. In the end, I think we have made a great-sounding amplifier with exceptional build quality and enough power to blow your pantleg when you play it,” Paul Reed Smith.
Please note: This is a vintage stock volume amp. PRS recommends using a volume attenuator with these amplifiers. There are several good choices on the market. PRS recommends the Koch Loadbox LB120 II. Please note, these come in 16 and 8 ohm versions; make sure the resistance matches the cabinet being used.
- Available Configurations: Head Only
- Wattage: 100
- Channel 1 Controls: Bass Volume with common Presence, Bass, Middle, Mid Gain (on/off), Treble, Lead Volume, 3-Way Bright Switch (Off, Bright 1, Bright 2)
- Channel 2 Controls: Lead Volume with common Presence, Bass, Middle, Mid Gain (on/off), Treble, Bright (Off, Bright 1, Bright 2), Bass Volume
- Inlet: Fused Power Inlet (IEC)
- Bias: Adjustable
- Ohm Switching: 2x4, 2x8, 1x16
- Covering: Black Tolex
- Piping: Black
- Output Transformer: Straight Edge 100 Watt Output
- Power Tubes: 4x New Sensor EL34EH
- Preamp Tubes: 3x JJ ECC803S (V1 Input, V2 Cathode Follower, V3 Phase Inverter)
- Amp Width: 21.5"
- Amp Depth: 10"
- Amp Height: 18"
- Amp Weight: 25.0 lbs
- Cabinet Wood: Poplar Plywood
- Covering: Black Tolex
- Grill Cloth: Salt and Pepper British-Style Knitted Weave
- Speaker(s): 4 ea. 16 Ohm Celestion G12H-75 Creambacks wired series/parallel
- Cabinet Impedance: 16 Ohms
- Power Handling: 300 Watts
- Cabinet Width: 30”
- Cabinet Depth: 14"
- Cabinet Height: 30"
- Cabinet Weight: 88.8 lbs