PRS McCarty 10 Top - Charcoal #0444
*We do all our own photography. The guitar pictured is the exact one you will receive!
Here we have an absolute stunning PRS McCarty 10-Top! It's light, resonant, and plays awesome! The top is just ridiculous and the dark top on the natural back looks incredible. Please let us know if you have any questions!
Named after Ted McCarty, a pioneer of the electric guitar and musical instrument industry, the McCarty model embodies the most up-to-date findings from PRS and looks back to the golden age of the guitar. This vintage-appointed guitar features a bound, 22-fret Pattern neck, a slightly thicker back for enhanced tone and sustain, and 58/15 LT treble and bass pickups, which have been through the TCI (tuned capacitance and inductance) process. 58/15 LT’s are a vintage style pickup with exceptional clarity and focused midrange. Paired with a push/pull tone control and a 3-way toggle pickup switch, these pickups provide a complete palette of tones. The McCarty model is anchored by a PRS Stoptail bridge with brass inserts for added resonance and vintage-style tuners.
In the late 1980’s, Paul Reed Smith called on Ted McCarty to consult with him on guitar design and production techniques. He not only served as a mentor but became a great friend of Paul and everyone he met at PRS. In 1994, PRS released the first McCarty, an instrument that incorporated the full spectrum of techniques and knowledge Paul had gained from Ted as well as his own experiences as a guitar builder.
Weight - 7lbs 9oz
Serial # - 0444
- Body Construction: Solidbody
- Top Wood: Maple 10 Top
- Back Wood: Mahogany
- Top Carve: Violin
- Number of Frets: 22
- Scale Length: 25"
- Neck Wood: Mahogany
- Neck Construction: One-Piece
- Truss Rod: PRS Double-Acting
- Neck Shape: Pattern
- Neck Depth At The Nut: 7/8"
- Width Of Fretboard At The Nut: 1 11/16"
- Width Of Fretboard At The Body: 2 1/4"
- Fretboard Wood: Rosewood w/ Faux Bone Binding
- Fretboard Radius: 10"
- Fretboard Inlay: Birds
- Headstock Logo: Signature, Inlaid
- Neck/Body Assembly Type: Set
- Bridge: PRS Stoptail w/ Brass Inserts
- Tuners: Vintage-Style
- Hardware Type: Hybrid
- Nut: PRS
- Truss Rod Cover: "McCarty"
- Treble Pickup: 58/15 LT
- Bass Pickup: 58/15 LT
- Controls: Volume and Push/Pull Tone Control w/ 3-Way Toggle Pickup Switch
- Strings: PRS Signature 10-46
- Tuning: Standard (6 String): E, A, D, G, B, E
- Case: Hardshell Case