SoloDallas The Schaffer Replica - Bass-X
Midwood Guitar Studio is now a proud dealer of Solo Dallas products!
After introducing the Schaffer Replica Storm low end legends like Rudy Sarzo, Billy Sheehan, and Pino Paladino discovered it to be equally amazing on bass. Based upon their input we made a few minor changes to this beloved circuit to make it more conducive to higher amplitude and lower frequencies. To our loyal bassists who have waited so patiently, we proudly introduce The Schaffer Replica - BASS-X.
The BASS-X features a 100% analog signal path that is nearly identical to our EX Tower that has quite literally taken the guitar industry by storm. It perfectly captures our signature “Schaffer Sound” voicing and offers five interactive circuits capable of generating a plethora of tones for every bass guitar configuration and genre of music.
This interactive optical limiter+EQ expander+harmonic clipping circuit+boost+line buffer was reverse-engineered from the original Schaffer-Vega Diversity System wireless units used by nearly every legendary guitarist and bassist throughout the 70s and 80s. Our modern reproduction of this circuit has quickly become the secret weapon for some of the most influential guitarists today and the BASS-X is quickly becoming a favorite among bassists
- GAIN knob controls our signature clipping circuit that bumps the crucial low-mid frequencies responsible for giving live instruments punch and making them stand out in the mix.
- BOOST knob controls a powerful pre-amp capable of delivering a whopping 31db of clean boost. This analog boost is perfect for making lead parts stand out, adding fullness to the signal going into the front end of your amplifier or pushing it into oblivion!
- LIMITER knob controls Ken Schaffer’s signature Opto-Isolator limiter. This optical analog circuit naturally limits the audio signal going into the pedal's circuitry (unlike the complimentary compander circuit which smooths out amplitude after the signal reaches its peak). Limiting is commonly used by mastering engineers to transparently raise overall level, without the risk of clipping and distortion generally associated with gain increases. Sensitivity of this effect may be fine tuned for different output pickups or to give your instrument an open or percussive attack.
- 100% Analog Circuitry
- Commercial Grade PCB
- Heavy Duty True Bypass Footswitch
- Blue LED when effect is engaged
- Neutrik Jacks
- Power Requirements: 9-12vDC (-) Power Supply - No battery
- Enclosure Dimensions: 4.69” D x 2.52” W x 1.57” H
- Made in USA