Strymon Sunset Dual Overdrive Pedal
Two pedals at once.
Channel A overdrive circuits
The Ge overdrive combines the softer response of germanium diodes with a parallel path that blends in the dry signal as the Drive is lowered. At higher gains the lower-mid range frequencies are emphasized to create a tight, thick response. This overdrive really fattens up single coil pickups, and responds with a bold push when paired with humbuckers.
The Texas overdrive employs a single stage soft-clipper configuration that is filtered before and after the gain stage to create a smooth and dynamic overdrive. The original signal dynamics are retained as the gain is increased – perfect for playing the blues or just fattening up your sound with a signature mid range bump.
Channel A boost circuit
The Treble type is a treble booster that removes the low frequencies as the Tone knob is turned up – great for tightening up an overdriven amp, or driving another gain pedal that’s a bit looser on the low end. Turning the Tone knob down brings in the low end, making for a versatile all-around boost.
Channel B overdrive circuits
The 2stage overdrive combines a soft-clipping stage followed by a hard-clipping stage, creating a complex overdrive with a wide range of gain. Its EQ structure preserves the low end while adding some muscle to push your amp. This overdrive can easily take you from lightly clipped to beefy saturation.
The Hard overdrive uses a single-stage hard-clipping circuit that has a ton of available gain, approaching fuzz territory with the Drive knob maxed. At lower gains, mildly clipped transparent tones are achieved with this versatile drive. The wide-ranging Tone knob lets you shape the top end from smooth to buzzy.
Channel B boost circuit
The JFET type is a clean boost that subtly beefs up your signal with the dynamics and responsiveness created from the JFET front end. As you turn up the drive, the signal gets rounded and warmer. This is a great option when your amp just “needs a little extra.”
- Config Switch - You can run whichever two drive circuits you choose in series, reverse series, or parallel, all with the flip of a switch and no recabling.
- Bright Switch - Sunset’s three-position Bright switch is custom voiced to perfectly tailor the highest frequencies of your output signal.
- Noise Reduction - Sunset has an optional, variable-threshold noise reduction feature to tame hum, buzz, and system noise when you’re not playing.
- Expression & Favorite Jacks
- Volume Mode - If you have an expression pedal, this provides an excellent alternative to a standalone Volume pedal even in bypass mode.
- MIDI Control - Control your presets and knob positions with MIDI
- Pedal Type: