Suhr Discovery Analog Delay Pedal
MGS has the Discovery Analog Delay from Suhr back in stock now!
The long-standing mission of Suhr has been to bring the simplicity and tone of analog circuitry to today’s guitarists. The Suhr Discovery Analog Delay is the new revolutionary pedal, designed by Kevin Suhr. The Discovery Analog Delay is the first of its kind, for Suhr and the world. Retaining the tone, vibe, and creative inspiration of iconic analog delay units, yet adding the versatility of the most modern and expandable delay pedals available today.
The warm, rich, unmistakable tone of an all-analog signal path with the control of the most modern, feature-filled pedals of today. Built on 4 reissued versions of the MN3005 Bucket Brigade analog delay chips, we sought out to achieve what no other analog delay on the market could, the ability to shape and control your delay in any way you wish. All savable to 127 presets.
With an intelligent Tap-Tempo that averages your last four taps, the Discovery Delay can help you really nail your tempo. 127 savable presets, allow you to save your favorite sounds and settings and recall them at the drop of a hat when using the Bypass and Tap-Tempo to instantly recall your presets.
The Filter Section of the Discovery gives you utmost control to shape where your delay sits in the mix of your overall sound. With the Lo-Cut and Hi-Cut knobs, you can shave off bass or treble from your repeats. This will take you from thick, full delay fatness to the crisp, high-end of a dub-style echo.
The sounds and possibilities can be limitless when you plug in an expression pedal to the Discovery. All knobs can be mapped to the expression pedal with a custom sweep for each one. A different mapping can be saved to each preset. From simply speeding up the delay time for those classic ‘tape-ramp’ tones, to getting an infinite regen/freeze sound to fill an expansive space.
The Modulation control on Discovery allows you to capture the warble and flutter of a vintage analog delay, as well as give you the ability to get a modern space-aged chorus, all the way to classic Leslie-style speed shifts. You can even change the waveform of your modulation from triangle, sine and square waves.
The Discovery has full MIDI capabilities from things as simple as switching between your saved presets, to fitting into a complex live MIDI set-up where you need full control of every parameter.
Discovery has 5-pin in and out/thru can even send Program Changes (PCs) to your other pedals that accept MIDI. Whether you have a MIDI controller or you are switching with your DAW in the studio, the Discovery is the most simple solution in any situation.
- All-new revolutionary design
- Engineered on four re-issued versions of the renowned MN3005 bucket-brigade analog-delay chips
- 127 programmable presets
- Delay times of 40ms-1100ms, expandable to 17ms-2000ms & beyond with up/down & division buttons
- Subdivisions include quarter, dotted-eighth, eighth note triplet, eighth note and sixteenth note
- 7-segment display for BPM, milliseconds or preset number
- Classic analog delay warmth with the control to make it your own
- Studio quality tone & features
- Built-in smart Tap-Tempo giving you the ability to nail the tempo
- High & Lo Cut controls to shape the sound of your delay
- Modulation with speed & depth controls
- 3 modulation waveforms to choose from: Triangle, Sine and Square
- Fully programmable digital-control
- Use in ANY set-up with MIDI In & Out/Thru
- Every knob is mappable to an expression pedal
- Custom expression pedal mapping, savable to each preset
- Every parameter can be controlled by MIDI
- Can be used to send patch changes to your other MIDI devices
- Save all of your presets to a SysEx file for back-up or to share
- Switchable true-bypass or buffered-bypass
- Soft clipping limiter for infinite feedback and oscillations
- Kill dry mode for parallel effects loops
- Includes an 18V DC power supply
- Assembled in the USA
- Pedal Type: