Swart Atomic Space Tone 1x12 Combo - Tweed
The idea of the Atomic Space Tone hit me when I was working on a vintage Gibson Scout guitar amp. It had Reverb, Tremolo, and 15 watts of pure rocking vintage tone power but only three preamp tubes and two EL-84 output tubes. I thought to my self - I have never seen an amp that could do so much with so little and sound surprisingly good. But I knew it could be even better. I knew something could be built revolving around my favorite little tone generator, the 6V6. I sent a note of thanks to my cohort for the inspiration for one of the best amplifiers I have ever built and the only thing I have found to equal the soul and amazing tone of the ST-6V6se but with MORE power.
I call it the ATOMIC SPACE TONE. And damn if it's not a winner - this beast sounds amazing.
This amp brings more tube soul than I thought possible, even compared to some of my favorite vintage amps. We are talking ALL TUBE circuitry, even the Tremolo and Reverb, all leading into the excellent 12" Mojotone BV-25m speaker.
The AC is cleaned and rectified by the reliable JJ 5AR4, this a very robust tube providing excellent sonics due to the total lack of solid-state circuits in the rectification stage (SS rectification leads to a more hard/harsh tone and slams the tubes on power-up causing excess tube wear). A heavy duty, JJ 500V Surface mount capacitor is the mains filtering device.
- Powered by Twin EH 6v6's putting out 18-22 cathode biased Watts; the twin 6V6s seem to really put out an amazing mixture of soul~tone. We love this combo! (You can also sub 6L6s for a bit more headroom due to the extra beefy Heyboer Power Transformer,
- A 12AX7 does duty as the driver and bias regulated Tremolo. Ever heard tube tremolo? You will now. Simply put, if you're a tremolo fan, you won't go back.
- Reverb is all tube. Tube Reverb is the only way to go and our implementation leaves the competition sounding two-dimensional.
- The first preamp tube is another dedicated rocking 12AX7 to drive this beast to Mount St. Helens and back. Our whole driver/preamp circuit has been optimized from months of testing. The AST sings like no other.
- Custom built, Heavy Duty, power and output transformers - HeyBoer USA - The New Leader
- Carbon Comp Resistors for the BEST tone. Period.
- Mallory, Sprague and JJ Caps - only the best, all considered for their appropriate roles
- Finest silver tinned cloth & Teflon covered wire
- Hand Wired, point to point
- Standby Switch - amp warmed up|extends tube life
- High and low inputs for high and low output pickups
- Dedicated 2-button foot switch for reverb & tremolo
- 12" Mojotone British Vintage Series BV-25m
- And a hand-made, finger jointed pine cabinet covered in light with dark tweed tweed side panels. This cabinet is part of the magic of the Atomic Space Tone - We tested many different cabinet configurations and wood choices until we found the magic of the AST combo.
- Dimensions: 18" T x 15 1/2 W x 9 1/2 D ~ 29lbs