Taylor Builder's Edition 614ce - Wild Honey Burst
The Builder's Edition Collection was designed by Master Luthier Andy Powers, and this 614ce doesn't disappoint! This is essentially the "Director's Cut" version of the standard 614ce, and offers new appointments like a Gotoh 510 tuners, a gorgeous Wild Honey Burst finish, and the Silent Satin finish. True to the 614ce, it still features the Grand Auditorium body, a torrefied Sitka spruce top, back and sides of figured Big Leaf maple, and V-Class bracing. The combination of the torrified Sitka and Maple yields an ultra-responsive, player-reflective sound, elevating maple’s natural transparency in a way that can sound warm, bright or whatever a player’s hands decide. As always, Taylor's attention to detail is flawless, and these are consistently some of the best playing guitars we carry. Please feel free to reach out if you have any questions!
Serial # - 1208220083
- Scale Length: 25-1/2"
- Nut & Saddle: Black Graphite, Micarta saddle
- Bracing: V-Class
- Truss Rod Cover: West African Ebony
- Number of Frets: 20
- Tuners: Gotoh
- Case: Taylor Deluxe Hardshell Brown
- Brand of Strings: Elixir Phosphor Bronze Light
- Body Length: 20"
- Body Width: 16"
- Body Depth: 4 5/8"
- Binding/Edge Treatment: West African Ebony
- Top Finish: Silent Satin
- Back Config: 3 piece
- Rosette Size: Single Ring
- Back/Side Finish: Silent Satin
- Rosette Material: Wood/Fiber
- Stain/Sunburst: Wild Honey Burst
- Neck Width: 1-3/4"
- Fretboard Inlay: Scepter, Mother of Pearl
- Fretboard Binding/Edge Treatment: West African Ebony
- Heel Cap Binding: West African Ebony
- Type of Neck Joint: Taylor Neck
- Neck/Heel: Hard Rock Maple
- Fretboard Wood: West African Ebony
- Neck Finish: Satin
- Heel Length: 3-1/4"
- Peghead Finish: Satin
- Peghead Type: Standard
- Headstock Overlay: West African Ebony
- Peghead Inlay: Scepter, Mother of Pearl
- Peghead Logo: Taylor Mother of Pearl
- Bridge Pins: West African Ebony
- Buttons: Gold