Two Notes Torpedo Captor - 8 Ohm
From Two Notes:
The Torpedo Captor is the little brother of the award-winning Torpedo Reload. The Torpedo Captor is an easy to use reactive load box perfect for unleashing your favorite tube amp in a variety of modern applications and venues. If you just require attenuation from your amp to your cab, Captor has you covered. And if you want an easy and modern way to record your tube amp, Captor is simply “load” and record.
You love the sound of your amplifier pushed right to the magic sweet spot where the best tones are. Until now, the only available option was blasting your sound through a 4×12″ to properly excite a microphone. Enter Torpedo, the simplest and most realistic way to get your sound to your audience. Use the amp you love!
Everything that makes a real amp rule over all the other alternatives is retained. You can even record silently late at night. Gone is the backache from the loadout, complaints from neighbours, venue staff or even bandmates and the frustration of not being able to sound at one’s best trying to reduce the volume.
Torpedo Captor was designed to cover the needs of direct recording or miking any kind of guitar or bass amp, in a live or studio situation.
Reactive load box
- Input impedance: 8 ohms
- Admissible power: 100W RMS
- Cooled by fan, thermal security: the amp and musician work in security.
Input / Output
- Speaker Input: 1/4″ Jack unbalanced (TS, Tip/Sleeve)
- Speaker Att: 1/4″ Jack unbalanced (TS) – Attenuation: -20dB.
- Speaker Thru: 1/4″ Jack unbalanced (TS) – Directly connected to Speaker Input. Disconnects the load box when used.
- Line Output: 1/4″ Jack balanced (TRS) – Impedance: approx 1 kOhms – Without speaker simulation
- DI Output: XLR balanced – Impedance: 600 Ohms – With or without speaker simulation
- Guitar or Bass, analog, based on acclaimed Torpedo virtual cabinets
- Power is required only for the XLR DI output and speaker simulation.
- Phantom power or DC jack, 2.1×5.5mm, negative center.
- Current : 5mA
Dimensions & weight
- 175 x 126 x 62 mm
- 1 kg